Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Holidays are right around the corner

I seriously can't believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas are fastly approaching.  I feel like the holidays creep up on us so quickly.  I love them, but wow this year flew by.  It's been a very crazy and fun year, especially because Olivia has become so mobile and along that comes talking and more expressive.  I am starting to start thinking about Thanksgiving, Christmas Pictures, decorating the house, fun events I want to do with our family and best of all-Shopping!  I know this year will be so much fun with her and she will love the tree, lights and all the presents! 

Top Ten of the Holiday Season:
10. Decorating for the holidays: I love all the things about decorating for Christmas...the tree, lights, inside decorations, Elk on the Shelf, New Candle scents...looking forward to Christmas Crazy!
9. I love the tradition of going to the Lincoln Park Zoo the Friday after Thanksgiving with Dave's family and seeing the animals and the lights.  It is so much fun!  It really gets me into the Christmas Spirit.  I also love going to Connie's Pizza afterwards for some pizza and cocktails.  We always have a great time enjoying the zoo and laughing at dinner!
8. I am looking forward to taking Olivia to go see Santa this year...no clue how she'll react, but hopefully we can enjoy a nice brunch at Tavern on Rush with the Grandparents and to see Santa.
7. I am excited about going Christmas shopping for Olivia and for the family.  Maybe this year we can go again and drop her off at Mimi and Poppy's.
6. Can't wait to blast the Charlie Brown Christmas CD!
5. Looking forward to receiving Christmas Cards--I love hearing about everyone's year and seeing pictures
4. Making Christmas Cookies with Mimi with Olivia...maybe we'll do at our house this year
3. Our 2nd annual Christmas Brookfield Zoo lights with friends and Pizza
2. Christmas Morning and seeing Olivia open presents
1. Being with all of our family and friends and spending time with them...cherishing each and every moment!

2011 Christmas Picture-Love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment