Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Emerald Dinner Fundraiser

On Saturday, February 23rd we attended the Emerald Dinner Fundraiser put on by West Suburban Irish group that I joined in the Fall 2012.  It was a great event and I am so happy to be part of such a special group.  I have met such wonderful people and we had a great time!  I worked really hard in getting many donated items for the silent auction and raffle.  We had everything from an overnight stay in Galena, Vera Bradley bags, jewelery, purses, paintings, sports memorabilia and tons of gift cards!  It was great!

I went in the afternoon to help set up the event and the raffle items, which were a ton of fun!  Then I picked up Courtney and Meghan at the train station.  We got ready and headed off to a fun evening of great Irish Music by Cirrus Falcon, Trinity Irish Step Dancers and great food and drink!  We even won a kids basket with Santa's Village passes, Naper Settlement Passes, 6 free cupcakes and other fun things!  Dave bid on a Gayle Sears autographed Bears picture and WON! 

We had a great time and it was a wonderful evening that gave to St. Baldrick's Foundation! 











No comments:

Post a Comment