Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sickies need to leave our house

I am so ready for January to be over... it is for sure my least favorite month for sure...it's COLD, boring, dark at 4pm and we are kept inside and we go stir crazy.  OH and the sickies are just so bad!  Olivia started feeling yucky last Wednesday at Mimi and Poppy's...my mom took her temp and it was about 102!  Which to me is high, so I made a late night doctor appt and Dave took her.  The doctor ruled out the flu bug (thankfully), but told us their is a virus going around...and her temp was 103.5.  I gave the baby girl some tylenol and motrin and just tried to pump her full of fluids.  By Saturday she was feeling better, but developed a rash on her belly/back.  Doing my research on the popular board-"moms group" on facebook and came to the conclusion she had Roseola.  It is a virus that starts with a fever and then after the fever breaks, they develop a rash.  Thankfully by Monday she was feeling better and back to her old self.  We had a nice MLK Day off and Liz came over for lunch and to visit!  It was really nice seeing her and we had a nice time.  She is about 23 weeks pregnant and doing good.  Baby Hajduk is due May 22nd, so that is exciting!  I made pork sandwiches, veggie pizza and a yummy salad.  Liz brought some yummy treats from Mariano's and it was great! Now we are just trying to survive since Dave is in Vegas for a tradeshow and will be back on Friday.  Single Mothers...I don't know how you do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment