Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Time to slow down and cherish the sweet moments

I read this article posted on what else but facebook, where most of my news, movie and book reviews come from.  I know sad, but this one was really good. 
I read this and teared up a bit, but then remembered that the little moments just as much as the big ones like walking and talking.  I know all of us moms & dads get caught up in the everyday juggling of schedules, laundry, projects for work and juggling time for friends and a "Social Life" of some sort.  I know I do. I think we have to put those on the back burner from time to time and really understand the importance of doing nothing but being there for our kids.  I had a "a-ha" moment this weekend when Olivia was sick and she didn't want to do anything, but lay on me an cuddle.  She just laid with me on the couch and we sang songs and she fell asleep.  It was such a great moment that I'll remember forever! 



No comments:

Post a Comment