Courtney and I before the Madonna Show
Material Girls-Court and Kelly
I will have to say that when I heard Madonna was coming to the United Center, the first person I thought of going with was my cousin, Courtney! I think since the time we were little we have always loved Madonna. I remember playing her record in my aunt's house, dancing on the bed and knowing all the words to all her songs! She was my favorite singer growing up and I still love her. I have always wanted to see her in concert and this past Wednesday, September 19th was a great time! I feel like I can cross that off my bucket list. I bought the tix back in the spring and the day was finally here. Courtney and I both took a half day and met at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and relaxed, talked and got ready! We headed for dinner at Maudes Liquor Bar and had dinner and drinks! It was a fun restaurant. We ran into Shauna and Ronnie (Family Friends) at dinner and talked with them a bit and then went to the West End Bar and met Sarah and her friend Michele. We had a couple drinks and headed to the concert! It was a fun night so far and I couldn't wait to see Madonna! She went on a bit late (10:15pm) but played for two hours. It was such a show and production...from the outfit changes, stage, dancing and singing! It was great! She played some new tracks off her new record and then off course she played some oldies like Express Yourself, Like a Virgin, Vogue, Holiday, Like a prayer, Justify my love, Erotica, Human Nature...it was great! What a wonderful show and so awesome to see Madonna! We didn't get back to bed until 2:30am and having to be at work at 8am was a little rough, but well worth it to see Madonna! I can only hope Olivia loves Madonna and music as much as I do!

No comments:
Post a Comment